Monday, March 29, 2010

Timing it Right

I spent my morning reading Peace by Aristophanes and listening to classical piano music. It was greatly enjoyable. For those of you who know me really well, you would probably be a bit surprised and confused, because for this girl to be reading something written by Aristophanes is like a horse sitting down at a kitchen table and eating his meal with a knife and fork. Maybe that's a bit extreme. Maybe it's more like a cat going for a swim. Anyhow, I've been reading his various plays and have found myself invested in the characters and dialog. How weird is that? It's probably good for me (and my brain).

CUT TO:

Brain cells multiplying rapidly.

I have also been itching to pick up The Brothers' Karamazov again. I started reading it over Easter break, shortly after I had finished my junior year of college. It was just way too much at that point in time. You see, I had just come back from Europe and I was suffering from jet lag, not to mention the burnout effects which occur from finals. I was also determined to read all 800 pages (or something like that) in three weeks time. I practically gave myself a brain aneurysm. Dostoevsky was stored away in a file box only a week after it was bought.

So after I finish Aristophanes: The Birds and Other Plays, I am determined to make a fresh start on this Dostoevsky classic.


4 comments:

Therese said...

I do love determination!

Andi said...

Haha... Let's hope I can follow through. :)

david antonio said...

HI

worldamazingfacts said...

humm follow it ..