Friday, February 5, 2010

February Daybook

Outside My Window:: It's wet (as in it's raining)!

I am hearing:: The carpeted upper floor gently creaking as my parents get ready for bed, the shower running, the light tippity-tap of the keys under my fingers.

I am wearing:: JPII t-shirt, comfy pj pants.

I am Thankful :: For loving, supportive, and understanding parents who are helping me to get my life in order. Sometimes I hate Friday nights, don't you? You're exhausted, and have been working all week (not like I have one and I've been too sick to even think of looking). On Friday, all our troubles and problems catch up with us and we're so tired we overact. Well maybe you don't, but I sure do.

I am Thinking:: About my friend Miss Julia Swain, and how lovely it is that she has started a blog. :) I have a whole list of bookmarked blogs that I read, (mostly written by home school mothers and a few by good friends and acquaintances), and I read them religiously (as in every day). :)

I am Pondering:: I wonder what God has in store for me. I mean I think I know what he has in store for me and that's why I'm going to Michigan this month to visit the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist. The weekend after I get back, I'm going to visit the Daughters of St. Paul for one of their mini discernment sessions/retreats. I hope that it all becomes much more clear in the near future.

I am Reading: Band of Brothers. I never thought I would find myself reading one of my brother's books about wartime, but I find myself doing so having nothing else available to read, except for Tolkien and Tolstoy of which I am not particularly fond. I enjoyed The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, but I'm not entirely eager to read Tolien's other books. It's just not my thing.

From the Kitchen:: I finally figured out how to make biscotti crunchy. It's always tasted right, but it turns out the recipe I have is missing the final step, which is to bake the cookies an extra twenty minutes or so. I am hoping to try either this weekend or next week. For Superbowl Sunday, I am going to make these for dinner. :)

I am Creating:: A photography business for myself. Last year, I bought about $1000 worth of photography equipment. I have always been into photography and had been taking pictures with a Nikon Coolpix which took decent pictures, but I was never quite able to achieve what I was envisioning. Now, with my new extraordinary zoom capability and various other fantastic features, I have a great opportunity ahead of me.

On my iPod/iPhone:: My favorites list and singing right now is Michael Buble singing Sway. What a great song. =)

Towards Rhythm:: I almost have my daily schedule down to a T. I get up (I still need to find a good time to regularly wake up at), take a shower, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, make tea, read for a few hours, go for a walk, eat lunch, watch an episode (or two) of some sort of mini-series (right now I'm really into BBC and A&E) that I find on Netflix, and then spend the rest of my afternoon on the computer or hanging out with my mother. We then eat dinner, the rest of the family goes for a walk, and then we watch something together (we just finished the first season of ER).

To Live the Liturgy:: I've been trying to turn my daily walk (see above) into a Rosary walk.

I am Hoping and Praying:: That BUMP+ continues to reach people and have a positive impact as it brings forth stories and conversation.

Around the House:: It's generally calm and quiet within the Lynch home. Right now, I believe I'm the only one still awake. ;)

On Keeping Home:: I've been making an effort to keep my room tidy. It looks decent right now thanks to the thorough cleaning I gave it at the beginning of the week. When it's clean and organized, I'm happy. A happy me is much more agreeable than a grouchy miserable me.

One of My Favorite Things: Hot chocolate in a clear blue glass mug on a cloudy and cold day. I was going to make it the easy way (the way I usually do it) with boiling water, but I changed my mind, pulled the plug of the electric tea kettle out of the wall, and heated up some milk. There really is nothing more tasty and warming. (Tea is another all time favorite, but sometimes I need chocolate.)

No comments: