Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Know I'm Not a Mother...


... and I am not quite sure yet as to what God has planned for my life. I often wonder what tasks he will set before me, and some of you know that I've spent the whole of my college life and time before that trying discerning a possible vocation.

But I have to admit, motherhood has always been something that I believe I've tended towards. I adore taking care of people, feeding people, giving out needed hugs (didn't used to like this factor quite so much), praying with people, tucking them in to to go sleep, etc. Having at least twelve children is quite appealing to me. I would homeschool all of them, teaching them not only in education, but also to love the little things in life such as fresh air, long walks, animals, cooking, baking, a hot cup of tea, books, and the list goes on. 

Here's a link to a very well written article on the beauty of motherhood which inspired me to write this post. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


Like I said, I don't know what God has in store for me yet, but I shall continue to pray that I may always do his will and follow the path that he sets before me.


No comments: