Sunday, February 3, 2008

On a Whim

Hello to all my readers, although I have a feeling that there's probably not very many of you. For those of you who do read, I thank-you much. The cause of this post? There isn't one. I just feel like writing something other than an assignment.

Today is another beautiful Sunday in San Diego. NOT!!!!! Actually, it is raining as I write this and water is streaming down my window. My roommate is asleep. I'm listening to Josh Groban music on my laptop. Although it may not be beautiful for some, it sure is wonderful for me to hear the wind through the trees and the rain softly pattering on the roof. Why, oh why do I live in southern California? Sometimes I think that I should move somewhere where it rains consistently, like Seattle. But then again, if I was born in Seattle, I could be grumbling to myself about the cold and the wet. The grass is usually greener on the other side. Oh, and I'm also very, very stiff, sore, and tired, but I'll get to the reasons why later on.

This weekend has been amazing so far. Not as productive as I wished it to be, but amazing nevertheless. Every weekend, I plan on finishing most of my homework for the next week on Saturday. In the words of Bill Cosby, "riiiiggghhhhttttttt...." ~ Noah. Yesterday, despite my best efforts, I managed to finally get up at 9:43am. I did homework (with some detours, of course) until approximately 1:20pm.

Then I ventured downstairs to The Pelican Perch (one of JP Catholic's common rooms) for an open house. Half the student body was there (about thirty students) eating Oreo's, playing Apples to Apples, and drinking some red stuff they called fruit punch. More like sickly sweet red liquid if you ask me. The Perch was more than crowded already and became very tight and loud when the prospective students finally arrived. I figured the ratio of students to prospectives was about 5 to 1.

At about 3:00pm, the prospectives began to filter out and some of the students had the bright idea of going to the park to play soccer. Now, I LOVE soccer and I usually won't skip out on a game for the world, even if I have a lot of homework to tackle. So I played with about ten others. We played for about two and a half hours and I was the keeper. I blocked most of them, but I did a lot of running back and forth when they missed (or occasionally got it in). That's why I'm sore right now. My team won, 1o to 6!!! I'm happy.

After the game, I walked back (I also walked there) and entered my very dark apartment. I put my muddy shoes out on the balcony, put my keys on my desk and set about making myself dinner (flour tortillas, an orange, vanilla ice cream with p.b.) Little did I know, that my roommate was asleep on the couch (she's been doing that a lot lately), which I walked right past. TWICE!! I think I woke her up. Whoops. Once I was settled with my dinner, I settled down to finish writing my seven pages of screenplay due on Tuesday.

After finishing it, emailing it to my writing group, losing it (long story), and finding it again, I headed down to Magnificat's household meeting. You see, JP Catholic is so new that we don't very many households yet and we don't exactly all live in the same room. But we see each other a lot, have our trademarks (still in development), and have finally started our Lord's Day Dinners. Actually, we do Mass downtown and get together for lunch afterwards. However, since this weekend was the open house, we decided to have tea and cookies at 9pm and then head down to the Rosary, which one of us leads.

Once we prayed the Rosary, I bolted the other common room (St. Jude's) for night prayer. You know, Liturgy of the Hours, the Divine Office, night prayer? Magnificat's brother household, The Divine Officers, lead the students in prayer every night. Night prayer being over, I had a long and interesting discussion with my fellow students and R.D. (another long story) and then finally headed up to bed at 1am. I think I finally went to bed at 1:30. My roommate was up until almost 4am and then laid wide awake in bed for another hour and a half. We got up for 8:30am Mass. Hence, she's tired.

(Wow, this post is long.)

Today is the Superbowl! Actually, the only thing I'm excited about is that I get to go to a Superbowl party at 3pm with JP Catholic. Two of the students (they're married with one on the way) are going to host it in their apartment and project it onto the wall. Should be fun! (Even if I don't care a fool thing about football. Although, I must say that I would like the Giants to win. Stupid Patriots, who put an end to the Chargers' winning streak.)

Well, that's the end of my writing on a whim. I hope that if any of you read this (which you probably won't), you weren't bored to sleep. (Sleeping does seem to be a main topic in this post, does it not?) Happy Sunday!!! I'll make an attempt to post a video or something soon.

3 comments:

bridget said...

you managed to have a discussion with your RD? Not an argument? whoa :D

Goren said...

"I just feel like writing something other than an assignment."

LOL :)

Yes it was a very long post BUT very interesting but I did not have enough time to read it all since I am at work on break and BTW I just found u on Rebekah's blog.

I hope to read ur posts more often. Its a shame how few ppl comment here in blogger :(

Peace! (from Pennsylvania a far far way away)

Goren said...

"we decided to have tea and cookies at 9pm and then head down to the Rosary, which one of us leads."

I love the rosary and pray it everyday.

I finally got a chance to read ur "long post" as u call it. It was fun and interesting and full of lots of "long stories" u said u could have told too in the long post lol.

I just went to work and found the heat was off on the coldest morning of the year. 13 outside brrrrrr so home again I came as 62 inside at work is NOT near what I need to survive :(