Friday, June 5, 2009

Book Meme

1. What author do you own the most books by?
Probably L.M. Montgomery (Anne of Green Gable series, etc.)

2. What book do you own the most copies of?
I'd say the Bible or the Catechism.

3. Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?
Nope.

4. What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
I'd probably say Horatio Hornblower.

5. What book have you read the most times in your life?
Um... good question. Either Jonathan Livingston Seagull or the Anne of Green Gables series.

6. Favorite book as a ten year old?
I don't remember that far back. I read a lot of books as a ten year old. If I had to pick one, maybe Peter Pan.

7. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?
It was probably one of those Strawberry Shortcake books. I was reading to my cousin.

8. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?
Crime and Punishment.

9. If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be?
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis.

10. What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
Five Children and It.

11. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?
Man and Woman, He Created Them: A Theology of the Body by John Paul II.

12. What is your favorite book?
I don't have one. I love most all books.

13. Play?
The Jeweller's Shop.

14. Poem?
Not really into poetry. Is it okay to think of the psalms as poetry?

15. Essay?
I can't think of one at the moment.

16. Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
J.K. Rowling? Don't get me wrong. I've read all her books, but yeah...

17. What is your desert island book?
Something really long and intriguing... maybe by Dostoyevsky.

18. And . . . what are you reading right now?
Nothing fun. They're all for school, and, come to think of it, the quarter's almost over, so I'm done reading for now. When I go home for my three week summer, I'll probably tackle Brothers Karamazov.

No comments: