Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Bit More on Ireland Before Moving on to Rome

The vast majority of the time exploring Ireland was spent on foot (an excellent way to catch all the littlest details) and on the bus, which could pretty much take you anywhere. There was one day, however, where I was fortunate and blessed enough to spend a day with the Connolly Family and the O'Hare Family. I had never had so much fun than I had that one day when I traveled in a car all over the coast of West Ireland with some of my favorite people. We saw churches, heard some Gaelic, skipped stones over ocean waves, climbed craggy rocks (which are quite plentiful in Ireland), and explored some old abbey ruins and an old fort. And I managed to take some pictures. Almost seven hundred to be precise. :) The one posted below won out in the "Epic" category of John Paul the Great Catholic University's European photo competition. I must say that it did have some rather incredible competition.





















No comments: