Monday, December 22, 2008

Thoughts for the Day

I love sitting by the Christmas tree and looking at the little multicolored lights and the packages wrapped in colorful paper. A particular parcel is wrapped in brown and orders, "Do Not Open UNTIL CHRISTMAS". Our Christmas stockings hang on the wall, because the fireplace would be in the reach of a certain overexcited Aussie. The cardtable has been draped with a white tablecloth and a mini Christmas tree has been hung with tiny ornaments. The porcelain nativity scene reminds me of what Christmas is all about. (It also brings back memories from when I was a wee little one. They would fall over and their heads would fall off. And mom would say, "Don't worry, Dad can glue them back on".) 

And as you could probably guess by the sentimentality of this post, it's raining. I become most descriptive in the rain. My creative juices flow best in this weather. (There's a small pun. Did anyone catch it or did it run through your fingers?)

If I don't blog soon, I want to wish all my readers, (because I know there's so many of you), a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Happy New Year!

No comments: